To qualify for admission, a candidate must possess any of the following
- A recognized University degree or Diploma in social sciences, arts and humanities or any other relevant discipline.
- Professional Certificate / Diploma from institutions recognized by the Governing Council of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations for this purpose.
- BEEC Foundation Examination in Public Relations with passes in five subjects.
- GCE "A" Level in at least two subjects provided credit in English has been obtained at "O" Level or WASC, or SSS III Examination.
- NCE/Grade II Teachers' Certificate with at least five merits including English Language or its equivalent. (for this purpose, English Literature or General Paper is not a substitute for English Language)
- OND or HND
- Mature students with at least seven years of Public Relations experience.
- London Chambers of Commerce Higher Stage passes in two other subjects, which may be Public Relations.
- Candidates should have five credits at ‘O’ levels including English language and Mathematics.
NOTE: In special circumstances, consideration will be given to those with professional experience in public relations experience who may not meet some of the above requirements.
Exemption on a subject basis may be granted in relevant papers, which applicants may have written in other examinations that are acceptable to the Council of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations. This can be verified with the transcript that such applicant is mandated to submit.